4Wheels Motor group(“4Wheels”) recognises the importance of privacy and the protection of personal information provided to it and is committed to the safeguarding of such information.This privacy notice explains how 4Wheels collects and uses your personal information. It contains information regarding the rights of natural persons (and juristic persons, where applicable) to whom personal information relates (“datasubjects” or “you”). 4Wheels reserves the right to amend this Privacy Notice or add provisions to it at any time by publishing an updated version on our website.
2. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
4Wheels collects personal information in various instances, including when:
- you contact 4Wheels or request information or services;
- 4Wheels provides services to you;
- when you use 4Wheels’ websites or engage with 4Wheels through social media.
- 4Wheels does not engage in any automated decision-making.
4Wheels may collect the information directly from you or from third parties (such as regulators, government authorities and registries, or attorneys representing our clients’ counterparties). In some instances, it is necessary for you to provide us with the information, so that we can provide services to you. In other instances, providing the information is optional, such as choosing to subscribe to or opt out from a newsletter. If you do not provide the information when it is necessary, we will not be able to provide services to you. If you do not provide the information when it is optional, you will not receive the benefit of providing the information (e.g., the newsletter).
Your interaction with the company on an 4Wheels website will result in the collection of information regarding your activities on the website. Similarly, when you engage with the company via any one of 4Wheels’ social media platforms. This information includes, but is not limited to, your name,contact details and information regarding the matter with which you need assistance.
While engaging with clients on matters, 4Wheels will naturally be exposed to and collect personal information which includes your name, contact details, financial information as well as information regarding the matters that the company assists you with. In the course of providing services to you, we rely on the determination that we are acting in your legitimate interests, as we are following your instruction(s) in providing our services.
As with all companies, we may need to collect your information in terms of various laws. Some examples of such laws include the, the Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment Act 53 of 2003, the Companies Act 71 of 2008, the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008, the Copyright Act 98 of 1978, the Financial Intelligence Centre Act 38 of 2001, the Patents Act 57 of 1978, and the Trade Marks Act 194 of 1993.
3. BASIS AND PURPOSE FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
The bases on which 4Wheels processes personal information include (but are not limited to):
- to provide services to clients (i.e., we are relying on a verbal or written contract with you);
- in your legitimate interests (i.e., we are acting on your instructions);
- in our legitimate interests (e.g., to bill you for our services);
- to comply with legal or regulatory obligations;
- if you have provided your explicit consent; or
- if the processing is allowed by law.
The purposes for which 4Wheels processes personal information include, but are not limited to:
- marketing and promotion of 4Wheels’ services;
- providing and improving services to clients;
- improving users’ experience when using 4Wheels’ websites;
- communicating with persons for 4Wheels’ internal purposes;
- enabling 4Wheels’ internal operations; and
- exercising and defending legal rights.
4. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
4Wheels may release personal information or disclose it to third parties in certain circumstances. These include, but are not limited to:
- if 4Wheels is required or authorised to do so by law or a court order;
- in order for 4Wheels to enforce its rights; or
- in order for 4Wheels to provide services to its clients.
The third parties to whom we disclose personal information include, but are not limited to:
- third party service providers to 4Wheels or its clients (sometimes in other countries);
- third parties who provide research services to 4Wheels or its clients; and
- government authorities and registries, organs of state, regulators, courts, tribunals and law enforcement agencies.
4Wheels main business is the retail of new motor vehicles, and disclose personal information to the OEM manufacturer in order for the manufacturer to fulfill their obligation to customers. These include, but are not limited to:
- fulfill the obligations regarding warranty and product safety;
- carry out assistance services also through the authorized workshops network;
- answer and satisfy every customer request; send any communications of a technical and / or organizational nature;
- conduct surveys aimed at improving the quality of the services provided, by virtue of the legitimate interest of the manufacturer.
4Wheels may, and will not sell or disclose your personal information to any other parties that is not related to or involved with 4Wheels' services.
5. TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information collected by 4Wheels may be transferred to natural or juristic persons in other countries. We would do so to provide services to you and would only transfer the information necessary for that service. We may do so to provide services to you, as some of our service providers are cloud-based—depending on the services we provide to you, this may include some or all of your information.Those countries’ laws might not protect personal information in the same way or on the same level as the law in your country. However, 4Wheels will take reasonable steps to ensure that recipients in other countries have appropriate privacy measures in place, for example, by entering into a contract with the recipient.
6. RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
4Wheels retains personal information for as long as may be reasonably necessary in accordance with applicable law, and/or in order to provide services to you. It is impractical for us to tell you in this document how long we may keep your information, however, our first obligation is to keep it as long as may be required by law. Thereafter, we would only keep information in order to provide services to you, or for specific business purposes.
8. DIRECT MARKETING
4Wheels may distribute marketing and promotional communications and material. Recipients may opt out from receiving such communications by contacting 4Wheels at the details provided below or by clicking on the opt-out link that will be contained in the relevant electronic communication.
4Wheels takes all reasonable steps to protect and avoid unauthorised access to personal information. We have implemented various policies, procedures, hardware and software to safeguard personal information,and routinely review our operations in order to ensure that personal information is adequately protected.
10. YOUR (DATA SUBJECT) RIGHTS
The law might provide you with rights to access, amend or delete personal information that is in the possession of 4Wheels. However, 4Wheels may, in certain instances, legally refuse or decline such requests. If applicable, you might also have the right to object to 4Wheels’ processing of their personal information or to file a complaint with a regulator, however we encourage you to address your complaint to us first. In South Africa, the Information Regulator can be contacted at:
27 Stiemens Street
In some cases, you may withdraw your consent for processing—this withdrawal has no effect on lawful processing conducted up to that point.If you wish to exercise your rights, you can contact 4Wheels at the details provided below. 4Wheels may charge you a fee for accessing, amending or deleting your personal information.You will be advised of this fee in advance, if applicable. You are encouraged to contact 4Wheels in order to update your personal information as and when necessary.
11. CONTACT DETAILS
Marius du Toit
4Wheels motor group
C/O First Street & Aerodrome Crescent Rd, Mahikeng, South Africa
Telephone: +27 83 701 1614